There's a first time for everything and my first time visiting the beautiful city of Lison was a delight. From the breathtaking views, restaurants, bars, museums, rooftop parties,...you name it, we have done it all. And it was fun.

Those who know me, know that I have no connection to Portugal at all. But when my friend asked me to go to follow them to the sun I couldn't say no. Personally, I just needed to get away for a weekend. It was so needed, I swear. I needed good weather, I needed some change from depressing Belgian weather. Like, can I have a fckn break? And Mother Universe said: "Say less boo, you going to Lishboaaaaa".

When I arrived at the airport the sun, the palm trees, and the warm summer breeze instantly changed my mood. The Uber driver picked us up and dropped us at our rental apartment. We took a shower and immediately went exploring the city. 

Follow me on my weekend trip to Lisbon. It's just a bunch of pictures of where we went, what we visited, where we drank up, where we lunched, where we had burgers & fries :-). And if you go to my Instagram you'll see the "Lisbon" highlight I made.

We stayed in Principe Real

Principe Real is a trendy neighborhood located on the north side of Bairro Alto. It is near the nice bars, lunch, and brunch restaurants, and coffee bars. That's where we kicked off our busy days as tourists. The place we rented was very cute. Take a look at it. I would recommend it to anyone. If you come across it on booking.com have fun with it.

Exploring Lisbon

From Principe Real, we pinned a route throughout the city. We visited everything on foot during the entire day. We started out with a petite breakfast at Rebel Coffee Lisbon which is near the Miradouro do Principe Real. Then went to that old elevator, that one was broken. We continued walking the little streets that led to Praca do Comercio. From there on we visited the miradouro da Graça where you enjoyed the best view and not far from there we discovered Sol Restaurant and Jardim. We ordered a Sangria and sat down on the hill and had sight of this amazing view of the clear blue sea. After a long break, we went to the São Jorge Castle which is not far. After a 45 min visit to the castle, we grabbed food at Ludo's, a breakfast and brunch restaurant in a tiny street near the castle. We finished off our tour by visiting the Tower of Belem. 

Around midnight, when it was time to party we took the bad decision of going to Pink Street and that was nothing for me personally. Unfortunately for us, we were hungry. So as we were walking back home, we stumbled upon a good food spot called Rebel Patties. Because we were so hungry we ordered their regular: fries, burgers, and fried macaroni with a Whisky + Ginger ale. 

Goodbye Lisbon

This weekend was really worth it. The city of Lisbon gave me so much energy and we had so much fun. If I knew Portuguese people were so kind, I would've traveled there years ago. But at least at can now say that I went and I had the best time, to be honest.

 






Breakfast at Rebel Coffee Lisbon
Breakfast at Rebel Cafe Lisbon
Rebel Cafe Lisbon
















Photo credits: Jonathan Zegbe