I'm coming to you with great news. I signed the contract for my apartment and I will be moving in very soon. Which leaves me with a big task. Decorating the place. So, I started making mood boards on Pinterest and I came across a fun idea for the dining room. Why not create a dining nook in my dining room, right?

A dining nook is simply a cozy dining corner with a bench or a booth (can be built-in for extra storage space ) and two or more chairs on the opposite side. You can DIY a wooden bench or the booth, buy pillows to match the setting. It's a creative and modern way to make your city apartment a bit cozier, a bit more personal.

I stumbled upon so many ideas online, a lot of the ideas online were very kitsch, to be honest. It was giving "omg, I got three kids and I moved to the suburbs now". No, that's not what a young guy living in the city of Antwerp needs. I need cozy modern elegance.  

There are tons of ideas out there on the world wide web to create a modern dining nook. Scroll down and get inspired by the dining nook ideas I found online.

Photo credits: Donna Dotan, Sarah Ellison Design Studio, Planet Deco Fr, Architectural Digest, Apartment Therapy